Friday, January 11, 2013

911, SORRY WE'RE BUSY, CALL BACK..

DETROIT, Michigan – While Detroit Mayor Dave Bing and Interim Police Chief Chester Logan explore a restructuring of the city’s police department, some residents are expressing frustration with how their calls are being handled. Detroiter Rachelle Guyton said she called 911 around 6:30 a.m. Saturday to report that her 2003 Chrysler Town & Country minivan had been stolen from an apartment building in Palmer Parkb – but it wasn’t the van she was worried about. “I have a gun under my car seat, and when I called the police department to explain this to them and try to have them help but they didn’t give me any attention. They told me I had to wait until 8 o’clock to call back. What if someone gets shot with this? What if a child gets this in his hand? I’m responsible, and I just can’t have that on my conscience,” Guyton said.

No comments:

Post a Comment